Thursday, December 9, 2010

How does monday sound to have a baby?!

Today was our 40 week appointment with the OB (ok, so the doctor counts me as 39.5, and won't say 40 until monday - me and Rich say 40 weeks tomorrow since we count from my last period), and guess what?
Nothings changed. Nada. Zip. Zero. Zilch.
He checked me - which, by the way, is so painful for me - and said that I have no dialation, no softening and he's still floating around -3 like last week. Uuuuugh. We were hoping that there would be something, anything!, at this point - especially since we had sex the night before in hopes of it softening me up. But, no. The baby is being a lil'turd already. *lol*
So, he said I'm to go to the ER sunday night at midnight, they'll send me up to L&D and we'll get started on an induction. They're going to put some pill, I think the name is Cytotec, in me and it's supposed to help soften me up and start contractions. Then my OB will come in and pop my water - which broke my heart, I really wanted to keep it whole as long as I possibly could. BUT, I know that that would help start the labor, so I'm folding. Now I will fight tooth and nail for him not to touch me with Pitocin - especially since I heard that pill they're putting in me is pretty hard core on making it's own contractions anyway.
So, yes... I'm folding on the induction.
One problem he mentioned though - as of right now I have a 50-50 shot at having a c-section done. He said that if, after inserting that pill, if my cervix doesn't change that a c-section is the next option. I've told my OB from the get-go that I wsn't ruling out a c-section in any way, that if it needed to happen, and I agreed, fine,w e'll do it. I know that birthing a baby isn't going to be easy and go to plan, so you have to willing to change yours around , and we are.

2 comments:

  1. Wow...well as long as you leave that hospital with a beautiful & healthy baby I think you shouldn't care too much about what they "have" to do. But I do agree, hold out as long as you can & good luck hon, cant wait to see photos of the little fella'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was 40wks 4days with my daughter and had to be induced with pitocen and it only got me to 5cm in 23hrs and so they took me back for a csection. Just walk walk walk walk walk and caster oil, and sex again, see if all that helps! good luck! ill keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by April Showers