Monday, August 24, 2009

Curse of the Black Thumb

Let's be honest, I have no idea what it takes to keep a plant alive.

Non. Zero. Zilch.

But I decided about a month and a half ago to give it a try when I saw Walmart had some plants on sale for $3. I made sure to look at the tags to see which woulud require little supervision, little light - as little maintance as possible basically. Hey now, I've got 3 pets, a husband, and the house to keep up - adding 2 plants... wouldn't have been a big deal, I'm just being lazy. *lol* :)

So I ended up with these two. One I remembered from Mom's because it's the "Mother-in-Law's Tongue", and the other I don't remember the name, but they're both not toxic for cats so that's a perk. So far they're holding up nicely on the entry table in the front room.

Snce it's so late in the season, I don't plan on adding to the plant bunch until next spring, then I want to put some on the front porch, and hopefully make a small garden - which will require Rich to build a base for it all - and we'll see if I don't kill it all withint a month.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers