Thursday, November 10, 2011

He's a growing boy

  I'm getting excited - and sad! - that Braxton turns ONE in a month! How crazy is that?! I have a toddler, people. Seriously, where did the time go?
 
  Ohhhh yea, I was sleep deprived for about half of it, and the rest just flew by - people, heed the saying of "I'm up from SON up to SON down", it's true. Around 7-9 months old B just stopped sleeping well. I remember one night, thankfully a weekend, I feel asleep standing up, crying, and B had woke up, in the living room. I told Rich I physically just couldn't take deal with B at that moment, I needed sleep, I couldn't function - hello, I fell asleep standing up! I was exhausted. I was mor ethan that actually... I was a fuckin' zombie.
  So, being that amazing husband that he is, and that he can function on little sleep whereas I can not, he took B while I went to bed. I think. I don't remember much, just the start ofthe whole deal. *lol*
  Nights like that went on for about two long months - pair in his ability to only sleep in 30 minute intervals about 2-3 times a day, and you had one tired momma.
  I'm thinking it was because he'd learned so many new things those months - rolling over, sitting up, cruising, etc - and he just didn't want to sleep, he wanted to move!

  Now I'm going to knock on wood a million times over, but B is sleeping through the night -  LORD, please don't let me have jinxed myself. Heck, last night he went down at 8pm and slept until 10 am, and I put him down for a nap at 12:45pm! The other day he was only up 7 hours total, the rest of it he was sleeping. I'm guessing a growth spurt? No idea, I'm winging it.
  It'd be different if he didn't want to go to sleep, but he does.... so I let him. Not sure if it's entirely right or not, but, again, I'm winging it.



  No plans as of yet for the B-man's birthday - mainly becuase it'll just be me, Rich and him here. So I may bake a cake, let him smash some of it, take pictures/videos and that'll be about it.
  It's anti-climatic, I know. I bothers me. But, with no family around, not really any friends here, I can't do much more than that. So, it'll do.
  We'll bake a cake, fix him a good dinner, and let him open a gift or two and call it good.
   Maybe we can do some family/friends type of thing for him when we go home at Christmas, who knows.

  Speaking of Christmas, not sure how that'll go. It's too stressful to think about, we'll deal with it another day.


   There's tons more to write about, but I want to catch up on some of my shows on the DVR while he sleeps - priorities, people!  :)

1 comment:

  1. I cannot believe that he is almost year?! Holy cow!!

    And totally get the issue of no sleep. I've been in a fog for days now. Sucks!!

    xo

    ps-so happy you're blogging again!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by April Showers